SoP Samples


SoP for MS in Electrical Engineering



Sample 1 

My career aspirations are not childhood dreams but rather a work of consistent absorption of knowledge and learning about my interest domain. It was all about finding my path and the journey started with my curiosity in Semiconductors. Growing curiosity and a normal penchant for science, especially physics and mathematics, saw me opting for Electrical and Electronics Engineering for my under-graduation from XYZ University, Delhi. From then onwards started my understanding of the domain which slowly and gradually grew into admiration and then a strong passion in Power Systems. Now, with the help of a Master’s degree in the chosen discipline from the ABC University, USA, I want to realize my aspiration of contributing to the area Power Systems in the Electronics domain.

Pursuit of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, in my under-graduation, was by far the wisest decision of my life as the subjects fell within the natural scope of things in my life. I was able to assimilate the information and readily implement the same in a variety of projects. While my performance was good in all the subjects throughout my undergraduate program, I was effectively fascinated by Power Systems. Due to my strong affinity for Power Systems, I worked on my major project in the same field. I was applauded by my mentor for excellent work in the field, and also received a ‘Bravo’ from the organization, re-instating confidence and faith to continue my work in the domain. More importantly, this work also brought forth a whole new range of possibilities in the field of technology, that left me desiring to learn more. This strong inclination guided me in the last semester as well when I opted for backend courses on Power Systems.

Learning about Power Systems, I knew I wished to make a career within the said domain and decided that I would gain a better understanding by pursuing a Master’s in Electrical Engineering to become an expert in the sector. My humble beginnings offered me a modest living amidst strong respect for academic excellence. My grandfather, an English teacher, would often take out time to condition my mind and encourage me to take the path of education. Supported by equally informed parents, I succeeded throughout my school years in every field. Such has been my journey that, I was honoured of being selected as the Captain of the Cricket Tournament School Team. Moving with such a feathered cap, my college years were bound to have an illustrious tenure and as promised, it was.

Sample 2

In college, I was an active participant in activities both inside and outside the classroom. From being the Class Representative to the organizer of the Fresher’s Induction Program, for the 2016–17 batch, I ensured my presence in every aspect of an event.  My technical aptitude and acumen in academics secured me the top position in my department.  I was also the designated Event Coordinator of the technical paper presentation during the college’s cultural festival. Here, my engagements further added to my mental aptitude with the skills like teamwork and leadership. Assisted by such attributes, I moved on to choose a career that would help me with my aspirations. The experiences further gave me the opportunity which to join PQRS Industries, Mumbai as an Engineer.

Over the past one year, I have led teams and learned the art of adoption, execution, direction, and implementation extensively. My manager soon gained confidence in my performance and I was allowed to lead the team all by myself while my manager was transferred to another unit. My ability to handle the team, manage the technology and most importantly handle the various challenges, has won me recognition in the organization. This gave me a lot of opportunities to grow in my career. Based on my experience, I have learnt the need to learn something new and relevant as well as the importance of application to bring in innovation in the field. I believe that I have reached the stage where I must now pursue higher education to enrich my knowledge.

After completion of my Master’s degree, I would work as a Senior Engineer in a firm like my current employer, where I would be able to put together my accumulated knowledge from my new academic enrichment as well as my previous professional experience. It gives me great satisfaction in applying my knowledge, which I have learned until now, to develop further understanding and solve practical problems. For me, no other profession promises creative satisfaction and intellectual independence, like the industry I am presently in, does. Ten years down the line, I see myself working as part of a leading research group, contributing my bit to the field of Power Engineering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Statement of Purpose (SoP)

Reading Comprehension: Definition

CV vs. Resume?